Life is not linear. No matter how well-thought-out your plans are, they will eventually be interrupted. Lean into the curves when life doesn’t unfold as you’d hoped, and you will bounce back more quickly.
Established to become the enabling platform for national talent mobility, CDC Malaysia is unique in both its breadth of services as well as its nationwide geographical reach.
- Transition planning and advisory services,
- Communication and liaison with transitioning staff (in the event of a restructure),
- Personal discovery and career (re)branding,
- Effective job search or market re-entry.
1. Transition Planning and Advisory Services
- Compliance with legal requirements, as well as non-legal norms
- Risk assessment
- Coaching Notifiers
- Advising on the best means of informing transitioning staff
2. Communication and Liaison with Transitioning Staff
- Immediate emotional support to the transitioning staff
- Monitoring of the exit event
3. Discovery and Career (Re)Branding
- Career advisory services
- Individual profiling
- Career relaunch guidance for transitioning staff
- Assistance for transitioning staff in job search
4. Market Re-entry
- Market opportunities for job seekers
- Coaching for those who want to now be self-employed
- Assistance for aspiring entrepreneurs in the creation of a new business
- Financial planning and money management courses for retirees
Companies with any intent to truly assist their transitioning staff more effectively should talk to us. We are CDC, Malaysia’s career catalysts.
We also extend Career Direction Workshops to fresh graduates, mid-career professionals and retirees because we believe, irrespective of background, experience or qualification, everyone should lead higher-value and higher-impact lives.
I have never liked the phrase “hit rock bottom.” It assumes someone has plunged into the darkest fathoms of life, and like an inanimate object, now rests there forever, fixed in the mud, with no hope of rising.
And so when someone says to me, “Brendon, I’ve hit rock bottom,” my first impulse is to ask, “Have you really? What does that mean to you?”
If there is one thing I would love for you to walk away with after reading this article, it is the understanding that you have the power to experience any challenge in your life as a positive and an opportunity for growth. Notice I didn’t say some challenges. I said any challenge. And the way you ultimately experience these challenges is through the thought process.