“I had an interview two Fridays ago and it went really well! But now I haven’t heard anything. Does it mean I am out of the running? I have followed up twice... Should I follow up again? How long do I wait?”
everything we do.
Established to become the enabling platform for national talent mobility, CDC Malaysia is unique in both its breadth of services as well as its nationwide geographical reach.
- Transition planning and advisory services,
- Communication and liaison with transitioning staff (in the event of a restructure),
- Personal discovery and career (re)branding,
- Effective job search or market re-entry.
1. Transition Planning and Advisory Services
- Compliance with legal requirements, as well as non-legal norms
- Risk assessment
- Coaching Notifiers
- Advising on the best means of informing transitioning staff
2. Communication and Liaison with Transitioning Staff
- Immediate emotional support to the transitioning staff
- Monitoring of the exit event
3. Discovery and Career (Re)Branding
- Career advisory
- Individual profiling
- Career relaunch guidance for transitioning staff
- Assistance for transitioning staff in job search
4. Market Re-entry
- Market opportunities for job seekers
- Assistance for aspiring entrepreneurs in the creation of a new business
- Financial planning and money management courses for retirees
Companies with any intent to truly assist their transitioning staff more effectively should talk to CDC, Malaysia’s career catalysts.
We also extend Career Direction Workshops to fresh graduates, mid-career professionals and retirees because we believe, irrespective of background, experience or qualification, everyone should lead higher-value and higher-impact lives.
How soon is too soon to send an e-mail or make a phone call after a resume submission? When does persistence become annoyance?
We know, you’re probably spending this afternoon lounging on the couch with delicious snacks while watching your favorite sports team. And while we certainly recommend enjoying your relaxing weekend afternoon, why not use the commercial breaks to move your job search forward?
For an easy transition, start with these six smart job search strategies borrowed from your favorite games and sports. From learning how to be a boomerang in your career to building up a strong team of connections, include these tips in your game plan, and you’ll see success in no time.